We spent the majority of Alex’s Spring Break week in central Florida with my family. Though we didn’t really think of it as our only-child-moon or babymoon or anything like that, it was a fun week to really focus on little J and enjoy him enjoying new things. Here are the highlights…
- Catching up with a childhood bestie who lives in Orlando
2. Attending a Spring Training Baseball Game. Little J “ran” the bases at the end with a complete stranger (Alex and I were both so proud of him!). He touched every base and somehow procured a special spring training ball. Alex was elated!
3. Wild Florida – Gatorland but without the crowds. We got to see real Florida, lots of Gators, and take a fan boat through the Everglades.
4. Celebrating my brother Tom’s birthday as a family. Since we’re all all over the place this is the first birthday we’ve all been together on in a long time.
5. Disney. Thanks to some super good luck and travel tips, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom just in time for the welcome show where Mickey rides in on the train. Alex and I both got a little emotional (in a good way!) about how blessed we felt to be able to bring little J here and how excited we were about our day ahead. It was an absolute blast to watch him enjoy the day. We rode the carousal twice because it was his favorite thing and used one of our 3 built in FastPasses to do a private meet-and-greet with Mickey which was the highlight of his day. Picture #4 below is his expression waiting in line for that opportunity. He “tickled Mickey’s nose” (in his words) and Mickey signed his baseball. Day made.
6. Downtown Disney/Disney Springs – we didn’t make it to any of the other parks because we thought little J was a little too young and the weather Saturday was crummy but we did spend our last few hours in Disney Springs were little J got to “meet” a StormTrooper which to him was basically akin to a day in Hollywood Studios.
Praising God for safe travel, overall pleasant weather, great memories and an adorable and relatively easy-going (despite almost a week of short naps) 2 and 1/2 year old who calls me mommy. Look forward to (Lord willing) meeting another kid who will one day do the same in two months!