Well – Alex has been done with school for about a month and we are right in the midst our summer activities. So far, we’ve spent two and half weeks in Illinois/Wisconsin and I’m currently in D.C. running the Bill of Rights Institute’s summer programs. In no particular order here are our summer highlights thus far:
1) Joyfully celebrating the upcoming arrival of baby V with a lovely and thoughtful shower thrown my dear sister for our family. Pictured below, the grandmothers and paternal great-grandmothers to be, the super cute fruit salad she created, and her being a goof. PS – check out that cute banner!
3) Being present in Chicago during the last few games of the Stanley Cup Finals. Alex and my brothers were in Wrigleyville when the Hawks won!
4) Spending the fourth of July in one of our favorite places – Lake Geneva, WI! We watched the fireworks on the boat with the Kelley fam and started a new tradition of listening to Sussa marches while we enjoyed them.
5) Coordinating and running a successful and crisis-free Constitutional Academy I love my job!
6) And of course seeing friends in Illinois and along the way to/from Williamsburg.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again…I LOVE summer. And 2013 has been a great one so far!